All Ears in Hearing can assess hearing for both children (from age 3) and adults. No referral is necessary and rebates may be available from your private health fund. A Medicare rebate is only available for General Practitioner Referrals through the Chronic Disease Management program or with a referral from an Ear Nose and Throat Specialist or a Neurologist.
Testing takes up to an hour and includes a comprehensive assessment which involves a hearing test, speech discrimination test and middle ear function test. A report will be provided to you or to your GP/ENT.
All Ears in Hearing can assess your child’s hearing if you have concerns about their hearing or they are experiencing difficulty with listening and/or learning in the classroom. We perform a comprehensive assessment for children aged 3 years and over which includes a hearing test, speech understanding test and middle ear function test.
If your child is experiencing learning or listening difficulties, they may benefit from an Auditory Processing assessment.earning and listening skills.
An Auditory Processing assessment can be performed on children aged 7 and older.
Auditory processing refers to how the brain makes sense of what the ear hears. Deficits in Auditory processing result in a breakdown of information travelling from the ears to the brain and are often associated with listening, comprehension, language and learning difficulties.
Children with Auditory Processing difficulties typically:
- Behave as though they have a hearing loss especially in background noise
- Perform more poorly in classes that are highly dependent on verbal language skills
- Easily distracted
- Difficulty following multi step instructions
- Refuse to participate in classroom discussions
- Say ‘huh’ or ‘what’
- Difficulty spelling
- Poor reading skills
At All Ears in Hearing, we use a number of tests to assess different auditory processing functions. We then develop an auditory profile that outlines the child’s auditory strengths and weaknesses. Using this profile, we devise a management plan that builds upon the individual child’s strengths & assists in overcoming the identified weaknesses to improve their learning and listening skills.
Hearing Test Brisbane
Come to All Ears In Hearing for a Hearing Test in Brisbane
When you need a hearing test in Brisbane, look to the experienced professionals at All Ears In Hearing. We provide a comprehensive hearing assessment along with options for aids and accessories.
The Importance of a Hearing Test in Brisbane
We believe that a visit to our hearing specialist in Brisbane is a necessary appointment for patients of all ages for the following reasons:
- Diagnose potential problems: A hearing test goes a long way in diagnosing possible hearing issues. Our hearing tests are for children as young as three and adults of all ages. Learn more about what you can expect during a hearing test.
- Prevent further hearing loss: If you find yourself struggling to hear, you must book an appointment for a hearing test as soon as possible. Hearing loss is usually indicative of a bigger problem that could cause you to lose your hearing further if not addressed immediately. We strongly encourage you to take any hearing loss as a sign to have yourself assessed.
- Reduces relationship strain: Inability to hear your partner could cause issues in your relationship. If you are unaware that your partner has a hearing problem, you could interpret their lack of response as a slight, which could result in an argument. A hearing test allows you and your partner to address hearing concerns and improve the quality of your relationship.
Benefits of Hearing Aids in Brisbane
If you have been struggling to hear friends and family, it may be time to consider using assistive listening devices. Here are a few advantages of incorporating this type of aid into your life:
- Improved quality of life: When you have problems hearing, it is often difficult to be around people because you either cannot keep up with the conversation, you feel embarrassed because you cannot hear it, or both. Hearing aids allow you to become an active participant in the things going on around you.
- Easy maintenance: Although there are some standard requirements, hearing aids are relatively low maintenance. For example, it’s always advisable to avoid using cosmetic chemicals including hairspray or perfume, while you have your hearing aids in. Additionally, remember to avoid leaving your aids in extreme temperatures. Read through our other maintenance suggestions.
- They are comfortable: We always go the extra mile to ensure that your hearing aid sits snuggly in your ear without any discomfort. Our company carries a variety of hearing aid styles to suit any ear. After your hearing test, a member of our team can work with you to determine which kind of hearing aid is right for your needs to ensure that you are happy with your decision.
About All Ears In Hearing
With years of experience, the professionals at All Ears In Hearing have become a trusted name in the industry for hearing tests or hearing aids. Our knowledgeable team is available to address your questions or concerns.
Please reach out to us through our contact page for more information on our assistive listening devices.